Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Sassy Passy: Intern Edition


I write tonight from a desk in an office with a tag on the door that may as well read "The Intern." I am serving a full year--August 15, 2010 through August 15, 2011--as the Pastoral Intern on staff at Bethany Lutheran Church in Cherry Hills Village, CO. This is a step in my vocational journey, a requirement of my seminary education, and a great challenge and joy.

It is in this place that I make my beginning as Pastor. Moreover, as Intern. Pastor.

Six weeks into the adventure, my insights are many, my questions are more.

I hope to share this journey of vocation with you.

An accounting of my insights, questions, journeys, adventures, struggles, and triumphs will follow.

But currently it is 5:50pm on a Wednesday night! The church building is bustling, pizza and soup are calling, and a full night of faith formation awaits.

For now,

Your (not so at the moment) Sassy Passy

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog, Jess! Can't wait to hear about your journey! I will definitely be praying for you this year!
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete